[Java-collab] So how is this list doing? Are we on topic...

Jody Garnett jgarnett at refractions.net
Tue Jun 3 14:29:43 EDT 2008

So how are we doing for staying on topic? A couple things have been
really successful:
- introductions all around
- learning about new work (and duplicated work)

And a couple tracks (on and off list) where we could improve:
- yesterday I was sorting out a compatibility problem between uDig and
Deegree; and signing up to deegree-devel and posting follow up email on
udig-devel etc...
- The ISO19115/ISO19111 discussion is starting to span multiple lists -
CCing java-collab; and geoserver-devel; and geotools-devel

It would save me time and effort to have java-collab as a venue for
working out compatibility problems; would that be a good use of this list?
I think the ISO19115/ISO1911 discussion started off okay; but as the
discussion got specific, and importantly additional lists were CCed, it
was hard for others to take part.

Please note if you CC a developer list (other than java-collab) others
will not smoothly be able to reply to the message; and it becomes a pain
for all involved.
Jody