[Java-collab] Introduction

Markus Schneider schneider at lat-lon.de
Mon Jun 29 11:58:22 EDT 2009

Jody,

AFAIK, PostGIS cannot evaluate spatial predicates on curves yet!? I know, it supports circle segments, but the operators
were not implemented last time I checked. Also, there's more to GML curves then circle segments (e.g. splines,
clothoids, ...).

As I see it, a major challenge is finding a feasible interpolation criterion, i.e. how to determine out the number of
required points in the line string representation.

Best regards,
Markus