[Java-collab] Introduction

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Mon Jun 29 11:21:44 EDT 2009

Very Fun Markus:

The approach to curves matches what I had in mind; I was going to do
it as an extension to JTS Geometry but that is more of interest if we
wanted to keep working with JTS Geometry API.

In anycase this sounds like a great area for collaboration; the
iso19107 geometry api is not intergrated into geotools at the moment
so both ways forward represent similar amounts of work. We actually
have a team looking at doing this work over the next two years (so it
would be good to sort out a way forward).

As for PostGIS; if you can store your origional curve in the new
extensions to WKB can you just drop your linearized representation (ie
there is no point in storing it...).

Jody