[Java-collab] Re: Data for FOSS4G geometry code sprint, modules, and factories

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Fri Oct 9 04:39:25 EDT 2009

> Jody,
>
> what is the sample data that you were planning to use in the geometry code
> sprint? Can I get it? Can we use it in unit tests?

I was going to be focused on  the data structure / factory / builder
relationship. And should be able to grab a WKReader and try the test
cases from JTS. Sample data was not really discussed as of yet.

> The current module seems to contain only interfaces. Should we split it into
> a public-interface module and an implementation module? Or keep it together
> for simplicity?

The idea is to have a separate package for implementation; not sure I
want to have a maven multi project at this stage.

> I am not sure where you would like to lead us. Do we need the whole SPI
> FactoryFactoryFactory pattern, or are we going to exercise restraint and
> just have a few static factory methods?

No factory spi; I already discussed avoiding interfaces/factory but
the group wanted to stick with the split so that is how we are going.

Jody