[Java-collab] Remainder: 2 weeks left for public comments on GeoAPI specification draft

Martin Desruisseaux martin.desruisseaux at geomatys.fr
Sat Apr 17 04:52:09 EDT 2010

Thanks Jody

Le 17/04/10 07:09, Jody Garnett a écrit :
> There is the odd thing like "Unlimited Integer" that we had at one point that I expected to see (to make explicit the idea of using the max integer value to represent unlimited). But yeah no feedback of note.

Unlimited Integer (defined in ISO 19103) was actually used for cardinalities in
UML diagram - it does not appear in any ISO API. Because UML are represented by
annotations in GeoAPI and since Java annotations allow only Strings, Classes or
primitive types, it was not possible to use UnlimitedInteger in the context for
which it was created. So I left it in the "pending" module for now, which means
that it can be bring back if it appears to be used in an other context than UML
diagrams. If you are aware of such usage, please let me known.

Thanks for asking; I will add a clarification note.

	Regards,

		Martin