[Java-collab] JUMP Lib and GeoScript

Landon Blake sunburned.surveyor at gmail.com
Fri Oct 5 17:03:11 PDT 2012

I recently posted a message to the OpenJUMP and deegree Project
mailing lists about organizing an effort to extract core parts of
OpenJUMP (especially the simple feature model) into a stand alone
library called JUMP Lib. (My original message is here:
http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_name=CALJ1OBUVo3AtKykAP6MqX%2BuO5d--pMDZdFq0cFPizJ2HZoJSCw%40mail.gmail.com&forum_name=jump-pilot-devel
).

Jody Garnett was listening in. He mentioned the simple feature model
in OpenJUMP was fairly close to the one in GeoScript, and suggested
that GeoScript would benefit from a Java implementation of its API. I
know very little about LocationTech, but with Jody's encouragement I'm
trying to explore common ground and opportunities for collaboration.

I posted a message on this topic to the LocationTech mailing list, but
I wanted to post here as well. I'm trying to avoid doing a bunch of
independent work before I talk to potential collaborators.

Thanks.

Landon

PS - My message to Jody about the challenges to this approach,
including the use of wrappers, is here:
http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=29929818