[Landsat-pds] Tiling + additional scenes

Peter Becker pbecker at esri.com
Fri Mar 6 08:50:19 PST 2015

Frank
I did a number of additional tests on these files. They all look good. I would suggest we proceed with the conversion.
I had mentioned a potential concern with Predictor 2 being slower, but I checked and found that this is not the case.

Can you look to start processes to convert the previous images that are currently not tiled.

I will also send you in a separate mail a list of about 53,000 scenes. These are the best approx 5 scenes for each path row. Including this data will ensure the Landsat-pds includes good scenes for all locations. If we don’t include this list, then many areas including US and Europe will have limited value since they will all just be snow and heavy cloud. I would actually put this is a priority over converting the existing scenes.

_Peter