[Landsat-pds] Tiling + additional scenes

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Tue Mar 3 00:52:06 PST 2015

On Mon, Mar 2, 2015 at 5:54 PM, Peter Becker <pbecker at esri.com> wrote:

>  Frank
>
> This all looks good.
>
> I had an initial concern about the capitalization of some of the names,
> since S3 is case sensitive, but these appear to be how USGS names them, so
> we are good.
>
> The tiling for is correctly set to 512 and the overviews work well.
>
> Thanks for setting this up.
>
> Need to discuss with you how best to scale up the conversion of the
> existing as well as get the list of older scenes converted. I have a list
> of the ‘best’ 5 prior to 2015/1/1. Will look to have someone here review
> the system you set up. Not clear to me what EC2 instances you are using for
> the current scripts.

Peter,

The scripts are currently running on a "worker" system operated by Planet
Labs on Amazon.  The exact way I run the scripts is a bit ideosyncratric to
to us.  The only thing that isn't in the public repo at the low level is a
script that reads all the tarq files and fires off a separate
l8_process_scene.py job for each.  The l8_process_run.py (and
l8_process_scene.py) I use are the normal versions.

I could just run all the existing scene reprocessings on our job system,
but I guess I am a bit uncertain if I am just going to have to do it again
soon if we make other changes.

Best regards,
warmerdam at pobox.com