[Lexicon] moving forward: near term schedule...

Reese Plews rplews at tc211tmg.org
Fri Nov 29 18:02:59 PST 2019

hello everyone,

there have not been any more subscription requests for the past few
days now, so i think the initial core group members have registered.
thank you again for your interest.

due to the end of year holidays, along with commitments to meetings
and projects, i propose we begin our main discussions in late January
or early February 2020.

before that time, i will work to prepare some drafts of the initial
work tasks/process flow documentation that was originally discussed
prior to the official start of this group.

roughly this work consists of:
 1) description of how the committee should draft terminology entries;
idea to base this on some simple and clear predefined practices

2) refine the flow of how the committee works with a terminology
entry;  (from discovery, discussion, agreement, and publishing to
osgeo.geolexica.org [1])

 3) learn who our users are/will be and if we are meeting their needs

to enable collaboration with the members of this group, the plan is to
work on these documents online, using google docs/sheets.

once some finalized materials are ready these could be shifted to our
Lexicon wiki page or retained on google.

since the list is visible to non-members through the archive, the
shared links will be set  for RO with the ability to comment.

if anyone wants to do more than comment, you can contact me off-list
and i will give you access to the documents.

some of you have provided links in your introduction messages. i will
assume those links are public and can be shared in any documents.

once the drafts are ready for comment, i will send around the links.

thank you for your patience. talk with you again soon.

reese

Links:
------
[1] http://osgeo.geolexica.org