[Lexicon] Buzz in writing community about GeoLexicon

Reese Plews (ISO/TC211 - TMG) rplews at tc211tmg.org
Fri Jul 31 20:44:18 PDT 2020

hello Nikos, very nice to hear from you. i recall the information you
mentioned during one of our telecons. first off, the assembling of the
acronyms and abbreviated terms is very important. thank you for your
dedication over the years to manage and promote such an extensive list.

acronyms and abbreviated terms are an important part of the overall
terminology picture and we are very happy that you have allowed us to
access these terms.

please remember the https://osgeodev.geolexica.org site is at this time,
very much a development site to show some proof of concept ideas only.

in TC211 we collect these terms in our core repository but there is not
so much management that takes place. what we discussed in the telecon
was to add some type of criteria or categorization to them that would
enhance and clarify that content. however that has not moved along so
much at this time. another member from the group, Erik, has added some
feedback. please feel free to add your comments to the current
discussion document on the google site regarding the issues of types and
categories as you have been working with this list for so long.

i look forward to your continued involvement with the lexicon group.

reese

---