[Lexicon] invitation to check out a new initiative - OSGeo Geolexica

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Mon Nov 2 12:31:11 PST 2020

Thanks Codrina,
I can see you are connecting with all the right people.
This early stage of a project, before you have built credibility with a
real deliverable, is always difficult and lonely with lots of setbacks.
One of the lessons you see in open source research is that successful
projects typically do a very good job of making first contributions very
easy. This correlates with psychological research into "Nudge Theory" -
used positively to help populations to stop smoking and to start
exercising, or not-so-positively to ... <add favourite gripe here>.

So why don't we start by adding a tab to our spreadsheet of terms [1] which
just contains:
Term, Description, Project1 (Y/N), Project2 (Y/N)

Ideally we should fill out one project first. Codrina, you might know one
project well enough to do a first pass? It is okay if it is not perfect.

Then we ask Arnika or Naini to send the bulk email to all projects (I can
walk you through the process of using the spreadsheet mailmerge).

Any objections or suggestions to this?

Reese, would you mind setting up the extra tab in your spreadsheet?

[1]
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1keonRLT3chmqlRZsMMF9UaCI_vzNEHmJx6t9LB3jBjM/edit#gid=1083334541

--
Cameron Shorter