[Lexicon] invitation to check out a new initiative - OSGeo Geolexica

Reese Plews (ISO/TC211 - TMG) rplews at tc211tmg.org
Tue Nov 3 03:50:27 PST 2020

hello Cameron:

> So why don't we start by adding a tab to our spreadsheet of terms [1] which just contains:
> Term, Description, Project1 (Y/N), Project2 (Y/N)

> Reese, would you mind setting up the extra tab in your spreadsheet?

not sure what this will give us or how it will help the efforts? i think
we are working towards having a general OSGeo glossary ready within the
next couple of weeks and that will show the project teams what this
group's initial goal is going to be.

since none of the project teams, if i understand correctly, are reaching
out to us, is there an OSGeo venue where we can reach all of them (like
a monthly project leader meeting?) and present our glossary and the
vision/goals of the Lexicon group?

if no such group exists, i think we should just move forward with our
work on the OSGeo glossary and then aggressively promote those results
to the project leaders/teams and the OSGeo community.

when people see the results i think they will understand better how they
can contribute. it will also give us more time to formulate other
options that we can use to engage the project teams in future lexicon
work.

reese

---