[Lexicon] invitation to check out a new initiative - OSGeo Geolexica

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Wed Nov 4 00:59:29 PST 2020

Hi Codrina,
GRASS would be a great test case project, which is one of the largest and
oldest OSGeo projects, and as such is likely one of the projects most in
need of a glossary.
Yes, it would be great to have a meeting with Vaclav. Feel free to loop me
into any conversations you'd like to set up.
I suspect Reese, Ron and Naini would be keen to join too. (It will likely
be difficult to find a timezone which the Americas can make if you loop in
APEC).
Maybe this timeslot (plus or minus a couple of hours):
https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingtime.html?day=6&month=11&year=2020&p1=22&p2=240&p3=47&p4=248&p5=102&p6=44&p7=26&p8=136&p9=179&p10=220&p11=224&iv=0
Feel free to invite me to a meeting, or reach out on slack to coordinate a
time.

An OSGeo code sprint around glossaries sounds like a good idea, if we can
get a clear scope in place, and then have people on hand to help. I'll be
available for a few hours on the morning for the first day (EU time) but
will be busy with another conference and time poor for the rest. But it
would be a great chance to set up a few cross-team discussions. Again,
there are a few in our team who I suspect would be up for helping.

--
Cameron Shorter
Technical Writer, Google