[Lexicon] Lexicon spin-off: An introducing note for students

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Wed Oct 14 22:16:49 PDT 2020

Thanks Erik,
There is some useful material in this link.
Sorry about the timeslot for you.
Soon we will be moving to editing definitions of terms, and I'm noticing
there are quite a few Europeans with expertise in geospatial terms, which
would justify setting up a meeting timeslot which works for Europe.
Let's see what response Codrina gets from her call out, then we can
coordinate a suitable timeslot.

Cheers, Cameron.

On Thu, 15 Oct 2020 at 03:21, Erik Stubkjær <est at plan.aau.dk> wrote:

> Hello, Cameron and all
>

> The idea for this note emerged from your initiative to initiate the Geo
> Lexicon pilot: Cross-domain management of glossaries (October 2020,
> https://bit.ly/3nMlkt1). Thank you!
>
> *1. Introduction*
>
> Vocabularies are commonly developed for specific languages, or specific
> disciplines or domains of knowledge. The availability of software tools has
> made it easier to prepare vocabularies, also for context- or
> project-specific domains, which is the focus of this note.
>
> Consciousness of the vocabulary used in a project report supports own
> learning process, potentially increases the readability of the report, and
> hence advances merit.
>
> First, guidelines are provided on how to develop a project-specific
> vocabulary. Next, open-source software tools and terminological resources
> are suggested, which support vocabulary development.
>
> If interested, please find the note here:
>

> https://www.dropbox.com/s/v131plvha6rg1jx/ProjectSpecificThesauri_Why%26How.pdf?dl=0
>

> Of cause, comments are welcomed, also where the note could be published.
>

> I read updates on the Friday meetings, they occur between 3 and 4 o’clock
> during our night.
>

> Best regards
>
> Erik

Cameron Shorter