[Liblas-devel] .net/mono bindings in c#

Howard Butler hobu.inc at gmail.com
Fri Aug 8 03:13:26 EDT 2008

On Aug 8, 2008, at 2:12 AM, Martin Rodriguez wrote:

>> I saw a Trac login on http://liblas.org under the name 'martin' and I
>> assumed that is you.  Anyway, I have given you svn commit access, and
>> I created a csharp directory in which you can layout and place your
>> bindings.  I would suggest hanging out on #liblas on irc.freenode.net
>> to catch Mateusz and I if you have any questions.
>
> Yes, i am. Thank you
>
> csharp directory not please. This is not a c# bindings else mono/.net
> bindings.

For GDAL and MapServer, we use csharp as the catch all name for
the .net families of languages.  This is mostly because calling the
directory ".NET" or anything similar is likely to cause problems
(hidden directory on *nix using the literal .NET directory name --
calling a directory "net" is not very descriptive).

I wouldn't be adverse to renaming the directory to "dotnet" if you
wish, however...