[Liblas-devel] Changeset 1237

Howard Butler hobu.inc at gmail.com
Mon Apr 20 13:04:30 EDT 2009

On Apr 20, 2009, at 10:17 AM, Mateusz Loskot wrote:

> Hobu,
>
> "LIBGEOTIFF_VERSION is never defined by any of our configuration
> stuff.
> What was the thought here?"
>
> I know LIBGEOTIFF_VERSION is never defined anywhere in libLAS,
> but it is defined by libgeotiff.
> Now, if you build libLAS with GDAL (which includes libgeotiff in
> number
> of places), but *without* libgeotiff explicitly, libLAS does not
> compile. This is because:

I would note that the only supported configuration of using GDAL
*without* an explicit libgeotiff requires a *GDAL source tree*, and
not just the gdal-config script.  This is because GDAL does not
install libgeotiff headers as part of its install.  I don't think that
is the problem in this instance, however.

ok, I understand now.  reverted http://liblas.org/changeset/1241