[Liblas-devel] Indexing for point clouds

Volker Wichmann wichmann at laserdata.at
Thu Apr 23 03:43:52 EDT 2009

Howard Butler wrote:
> <snip>
>
> On Apr 22, 2009, at 4:45 AM, Volker Wichmann wrote:
>
>> I've no experience with either spatialindex nor GML LidarK, but maybe
>> you can find some hints on
>>
>> http://research.graphicon.ru/3d-point-data-processing/gml-lidark-library-6.html
>>

>> There's some discussion on pro/cons of various indexing approaches.
>
> An excellent lead, thanks.  Do you happen to know if it is compatible
> with libLAS' license?
I don't think so, I just downloaded the zip and the license.txt says:

-----
LICENSING TERMS

MSU Graphics & Media Lab, Computer Vision Group software is granted free
of charge for non-commercial use. However you must obtain a license from
the author to use it for commercial purposes.
The software must not be modified and distributed without prior
permission of the author.
------

But maybe it's worth to contact the authors and try to convince them to
allow a usage with libLAS ...

Volker