[Liblas-devel] Binary file of ts2las?

Howard Butler hobu.inc at gmail.com
Fri Jun 5 11:29:32 EDT 2009

On Jun 5, 2009, at 4:33 AM, Aapo Lindberg wrote:

> Hello.
>
> I'm a forestry student from Finland and I'm currently doing my
> thesis (Use of Lidar in Forest Management). The lidar data i'm using
> is only in TerraSolid format (and txt). It would be really helpful
> for me to get an easy way to translate this data to LAS-format so I
> did some search in internet how to do the translation. I found your
> project and noticed that you have a beta version of program under
> development (ts2las), that can do this conversion. Unfortunately I
> don't have knowledge of c-language to do conversion to binary file
> myself. Is there any possibility to get a binary file of this
> program? I would really appreciate it. The operating system I'm
> using is Windows XP.

Aapo,

Please join the mailing list, otherwise you will not be able to post
questions.

If you have txt format, you can use txt2las to generate a LAS file.
As far as I know, no one has built windows binaries of ts2las yet.  It
is not expected that ts2las will be available on windows until the
next beta releases of libLAS 1.3, which I hope we have done by the end
of the summer.

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful,