[Liblas-devel] Latest LibLAS doesn't run on VS2005

Howard Butler hobu.inc at gmail.com
Tue Jun 1 23:10:26 EDT 2010

On Jun 1, 2010, at 6:35 PM, Mark Twombley wrote:

> Hi,
> I’ve fallowed all the instructions on the website and I got a build and an install.  There were some warning messages about conversion and unused formal parameters.  After the build I can’t find the liblas1.dll file anywhere and when I build the RUN_TESTS I get an error about vector<bool> iterator not dereferencable.
>
> Has anyone else tried to build with VS2005 under the latest LibLas from Mercurial?

Mark,

(presuming you're using the cmake instructions http://liblas.org/compilation.html#using-visual-studio-9-2008-on-windows )

I expect that it *should* compile under VS2005 before we release, but would not be surprised that doesn't at this time.  I have only tested with 2008 myself (recently used to write that document just last week :).

Mateusz,

Do you remember if vector<bool> is legit in VS2005? Evidently not...