[Liblas-devel] Latest LibLAS doesn't run on VS2005

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Wed Jun 2 10:08:42 EDT 2010

On 02/06/10 04:10, Howard Butler wrote:
> On Jun 1, 2010, at 6:35 PM, Mark Twombley wrote:
>
>> Hi, I’ve fallowed all the instructions on the website and I got a
>> build and an install.  There were some warning messages about
>> conversion and unused formal parameters.  After the build I can’t
>> find the liblas1.dll file anywhere and when I build the RUN_TESTS I
>> get an error about vector<bool>  iterator not dereferencable.
>>
>> Has anyone else tried to build with VS2005 under the latest LibLas
>> from Mercurial?
>>

> Mark,
>
> (presuming you're using the cmake instructions
> http://liblas.org/compilation.html#using-visual-studio-9-2008-on-windows
> )
>
> I expect that it *should* compile under VS2005 before we release, but
> would not be surprised that doesn't at this time.  I have only tested
> with 2008 myself (recently used to write that document just last week
> :).
>

> Mateusz,
>
> Do you remember if vector<bool>  is legit in VS2005? Evidently
> not...

There have been some bugs in VS2005 related to vector<bool> iterator
(i.e. https://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedback/details/98676)
Perhaps Mark is suffering of one of them.

I personally never use vector<bool> as std::vector design
is not made intuitive enough to store bool, thus historically
there are too many caveats - especially in older implementations.

Best regards,