[Liblas-devel] Re: las2txt question

Howard Butler hobu.inc at gmail.com
Thu Oct 28 16:22:29 EDT 2010

On Oct 28, 2010, at 3:16 PM, Randy Bucciarelli wrote:

> Hi Howard,
>
> Is there a way to format resulting precision of values from the output of las2txt?
>
> Or does 'las2txt' simply output the precision of the values how there were initially stored when creating LAS files?

There isn't, but I agree there should be an option to set/override the precision of x/y/z values (independently)  I have rewritten lasinfo and las2las using the new C++ API, and I think las2txt should also be rewritten as well.  In summary output and other venues in those rewritten utilities, I have tried to respect the specified scale/precision of the dimension if it was set in the header.

Rewriting las2txt similarly to lasinfo and las2las is in my queue, but I probably won't get to it for a bit.

Howard

PS, this question should be asked on the list, and I have forwarded it there.