[Liblas-devel] Vertical Datum Transformation

Ibraheem Ali ialhakeem at gmail.com
Fri Oct 29 11:21:36 EDT 2010

Dear All,

I'm a bit fresh with all LiDAR data processing and analysis.

I've got recently a bunch of LiDAR "las" format files, and their Vertical
datum is ellipsoidal "WGS 84". The vertical datum is not defined within the
las files, it was givin to me as a fact from the vendor.

I need to convert these files to NAVD88 Vertical Datum, and I basically need
to perform the following steps:

 1- Define the vertical datum (WGS 84) ellipsoidal within the files
2- Transform to NAVD 88

I've got the "liblas" with "OSGeo w4", but I can not find a clear
descriptions to the datums available or sample code regarding the above
mentioned issue

I would ask you kindly to help me with this, and would you please direct me
to the right documentations?

Thank you very much

Ali