[Liblas-devel] liblas fails to compile on vs2010

Howard Butler hobu.inc at gmail.com
Thu Sep 2 11:11:00 EDT 2010

On Sep 2, 2010, at 9:53 AM, Tommy Stehle wrote:

> The latest pull of liblas does not seem to compile on vs2010 32bit.  The error is in the lasclassification.cpp.  The actual message is below:
>

> lasclassification.cpp(109): error C2668: 'std::bitset<_Bits>::bitset' : ambiguous call to overloaded function
> 2>          C:\Microsoft\mvs10\VC\include\bitset(136): could be 'std::bitset<_Bits>::bitset(_ULonglong)'
> 2>          with
> 2>              _Bits=8

I thought we fixed this, but I see it got dumped in a merge.  Please pull again.

> If I try to add gdal support I have always got this error in cmake on windows.
>
> CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:192 (message):
> Unable to find OSRSetEquirectangular2 within GDAL library at
> D:/sdks/gdal172 d:/sdks/gdal172/gdal_i.lib

Is this a GDAL that you downloaded?  OSGeo4W?  You can comment out the OSRSetEquirectangular2 test in CMakeLists.txt to get past the error.  For some reason, the find_library detection in CMake isn't so good. We have trouble looking for the ST_Create function in geotiff as well.

I would note that las2oci doesn't quite work on windows yet.  There's a bug in the chipper code with its usage of std::vector<uint32_t>::reserve.  It might be due to the compilation flags we're using, but I haven't had time to investigate it yet.