[Liblas-devel] liblas fails to compile on vs2010

Tommy Stehle TStehle at HNTB.com
Thu Sep 2 11:30:43 EDT 2010

I re-pulled the code from hg and I am still receiving the same error in the lasclassification.cpp file.

I first tried using the osgeo4w version of gdal and cmake didn't find that function so then I tried downloading gdal from the site and building it but it didn't seem to make a difference.  I'll try changing the cmake file.

I haven't been trying to use the las2oci program on windows, just Linux.

Tommy

-----Original Message-----
From: Howard Butler [mailto:hobu.inc at gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, September 02, 2010 10:11 AM
To: Tommy Stehle
Cc: 'liblas-devel at lists.osgeo.org'
Subject: Re: [Liblas-devel] liblas fails to compile on vs2010

On Sep 2, 2010, at 9:53 AM, Tommy Stehle wrote:

> The latest pull of liblas does not seem to compile on vs2010 32bit.  The error is in the lasclassification.cpp.  The actual message is below:
>

> lasclassification.cpp(109): error C2668: 'std::bitset<_Bits>::bitset' : ambiguous call to overloaded function
> 2>          C:\Microsoft\mvs10\VC\include\bitset(136): could be 'std::bitset<_Bits>::bitset(_ULonglong)'
> 2>          with
> 2>          [
> 2>              _Bits=8
> 2>          ]

I thought we fixed this, but I see it got dumped in a merge.  Please pull again.

> If I try to add gdal support I have always got this error in cmake on windows.
>
> CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:192 (message):
> Unable to find OSRSetEquirectangular2 within GDAL library at
> D:/sdks/gdal172 d:/sdks/gdal172/gdal_i.lib

Is this a GDAL that you downloaded?  OSGeo4W?  You can comment out the OSRSetEquirectangular2 test in CMakeLists.txt to get past the error.  For some reason, the find_library detection in CMake isn't so good. We have trouble looking for the ST_Create function in geotiff as well.

I would note that las2oci doesn't quite work on windows yet.  There's a bug in the chipper code with its usage of std::vector<uint32_t>::reserve.  It might be due to the compilation flags we're using, but I haven't had time to investigate it yet.
This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential
and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity
to whom they are addressed.

If you are NOT the intended recipient or the person responsible for
delivering the e-mail to the intended recipient,
be advised that you have received this e-mail in error and that any use,
dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying this e-mail is strictly prohibited.