[Liblas-devel] Reading N points

Howard Butler hobu.inc at gmail.com
Mon Jan 17 23:44:38 EST 2011

On Jan 17, 2011, at 10:28 AM, Michael P. Gerlek wrote:

> What do others think of blocked read support?

This brings up some questions for me.

* How is ReadPointsAt different implementation-wise than seek to a location and fill n points into a vector?
* Should the reader implementation code that actually reads data from the stream do something special in the ReadPointsAt case?
* What if the data are already cached?  Our cache right now is a ReaderImpl, but you have mentioned making caching a filter instead of a liblas::ReaderI (I'm confused as to how though).  If so, we should  try to do this before we put the CachedReaderImpl into wide use.