[Liblas-devel] C# bindings

Michael P. Gerlek mpg at flaxen.com
Mon Jan 17 11:35:24 EST 2011

Those following along at home may have noticed some swig code being
checked in.

I'm putting together a C# bindings package for liblas, using the
venerable swig system (www.swig.org).  It's my first real swig project,
so it's a bit of a battle, but my plan is indeed to make these bindings
production-worthy *and* eventually to make the bindings work for other
langs as well (specifically Python).  Ideally, these bindings would
someday replace the need for the dedicated py and c# layers we have now.

If you've got swig expertise, or would like to gain some (or would like
to start a second language target), feel free to ping me and join in the
fun.

-mpg