[Liblas-devel] LAS 1.3

Howard Butler hobu.inc at gmail.com
Wed Jan 19 10:25:43 EST 2011

On Jan 19, 2011, at 8:58 AM, Mike Grant wrote:

> On 18/01/11 23:40, azadeh farjadnejad wrote:
>> I was wondered if LibLAS supports LAS 1.3 and if there is any issue
>> about that?
>
> I believe discrete point reading is implemented in the latest (1.6?)
> version, but there is presently no capability to read full waveform
> samples nor an implementation plan (afaik).

Actually, only the LAS 1.2 point formats are supported.  So currently libLAS 1.6.0b4 can read LAS 1.2-style point formats in LAS 1.3 files.  I hope that can't get any more confusing :)

I hope to add support for the other LAS 1.3 point formats in the near future.  Martin has already updated the LASzip compressor to handle them as well.