[Liblas-devel] --file-creation arg ?

Howard Butler hobu.inc at gmail.com
Fri May 27 11:38:48 EDT 2011

On May 27, 2011, at 10:30 AM, Julian Olszewski wrote:

> Hi, I've got number of files with "file creation day/year" set to zero... is there any way to change them?
> I was trying to use --file-creation but... no luck so far.

This should set the date to the 14th day of 2011:

$ las2las --input in.las --output out.las --file-creation "14 2011"

Alternatively, you can do

$ las2las --input in.las --output out.las --file-creation "now"

I'm not sure how to say the same thing with Martin's tools, but I'm sure it has something, and I suspect it works without rewriting the file as libLAS' tools do (lasinfo?)