[Liblas-devel] Problem with liblas C#. I can't compiles and creates the .cpp wrapper file

Howard Butler howard at hobu.co
Wed Aug 13 07:27:12 PDT 2014

On Aug 13, 2014, at 3:18 AM, Misza R <gorhydrus at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi i have problem with liblas C#. I can't compiles the .cpp wrapper file and creates the liblas_swig_cpp.dll file
>
> first error: "can't find FileOpen and FileCreate in liblas."
> so i add to the factory.hpp:
> "static std::istream* FileOpen(std::string const& filename, std::ios::openmode mode);
> static void FileClose(std::istream*);"
>
> and
>
> "static std::ostream* FileCreate(std::string const& filename, std::ios::openmode mode);
> static void FileClose(std::ostream*);"
>

> next error: "IntelliSense: too few arguments in function call"
> so i edit the liblas_wrap.cpp and add: "std::ios::in | std::ios::binary"  to function CSharp_ReaderFactory_FileOpen and WriteFactory and CSharp_WriterFactory_FileCreate
>
> next error: "can't find the liblas.lib"
> so i copy the liblas.lib from oswego to right directory.
>
> next error:  error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: __cdecl liblas::Color::Color(class liblas::Color const &)" (??0Color at liblas@@QEAA at AEBV01@@Z) referenced in function CSharp_Point_GetColor    (...) \csharp-new\liblas_swig_cpp\liblas_wrap.obj    liblas_swig_cpp
>
> Now i don't know what i can do.
>
> Please help. tx
>
> Misza
>

> I use Visual Studio 2012 and boost library 1.55;
>
> PS. i can't find "guid.hpp" in liblas-1.8.0

I removed guid.hpp from libLAS due to the fact that a better and more complete version is available in boost nowadays. Take a look at the changesets to c_api.cpp for an idea how to use the boost guid stuff instead of libLAS' version.

FileCreate and FileOpen were modified quite a while ago. The C# versions need to be updated to match.

I did not port any of the changes I made for 1.8.0 to the C# bindings. I had no idea anyone was actually using them :)

Hope this helps,