[Live-demo] The Arramagong Live DVD / GISVM alpha 5 ready for download

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Wed Sep 16 17:03:08 EDT 2009

Cameron Shorter wrote:
> The latest alpha5 LiveDVD is available for download. Please download and
> check your applications run as you would expect, and adjust any scripts
> as required.
>
> With this latest build of the Live DVD, I've kept install logs, and also
> checked disk size after each package install, so you can get an
> indication about how much space each application uses. (Note that this
> also includes the tmp/ download directory which is not deleted during
> the download).
> The latest image, and logs are available at:
> http://download.osgeo.org/livedvd/
> <http://download.osgeo.org/livedvd/ArramagongGISVM2009alpha4.7z.1>
>
> Next:
> ====
> By COB this Wednesday 16 Sept:
> =======================
> * Test your application, make sure it works. Adjust your scripts if
> required. Report back to this email list that your application has been
> tested and works (or doesn't).

As Hamish mentioned in trac, qgis is now at 1.3 and therefore failed to
install on alpha5. Testing the install myself, something odd came up and
I'm wondering if anyone can repeat. After install of qgis the fonts are
microscopic for some reason. I noticed that a whole bunch of qt stuff
got pulled along as dependencies and have no clue what give although I'm
sure it's qt related.

Can anyone confirm that this is a bug and not just a fluke in my VM.

Thanks,
Alex