[Live-demo] Release of live dvd iso and gisvm 2.0-beta3

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Wed Sep 23 14:00:30 EDT 2009

Hamish wrote:
> Jorge wrote:
>> Can someone add a link to liveDVD page from main page at
>> http://download.osgeo.org ??
>
> done.
>
>> BTW, I think I'm the only one downloading the beta3a
>> torrent but I got 85% after downloading it for 5 hours :-)
>
> we will see if we can get the main download server to act as a
> seed to take the pressure off personal connections. (no idea
> how or if osgeo will go for that)
>

> Hamish

Not bad considering there were only 1 Seed and 2 Leachers on that and my
home cable connection was the main line. Frank did mention that osgeo
had seeded torrents in the past, and I think on final release he could
set that up for us. I will check on securing another http server to use
as a web seed for the file too, if anyone has an offer let me know, the
url can be hidden in the torrent so people don't direct download.

I will start a beta4 build in about 2 hours, and hopefully have it up in
6-8 hours from now. Please check the open tickets to make sure we close
as many as possible. I went through yesterday and closed/opened several
which I may have fixed but need some more testing.

Alex