[Live-demo] Release of live dvd iso and gisvm 2.0-beta3

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Wed Sep 23 19:19:30 EDT 2009

Hamish wrote:
> Cameron:
>> arramagong-gisvm-2.0beta3 and arramagong-livedvd-2.0beta3
>> have been released,
>
> nice.
>

> I notice a few bits in the build.log:
>
> package.sh-
> """
> Shrink the image
> Failed to shrink the disk 'ArramagongGISVM.vmdk' : An error occurred while writing a file; the disk is full. Data has not been saved. Free some space and try again (0xd00000008).
> """
> ?
>

> For the remastersys.iso we need to make sure that our "user"
> makes it into the "users" group (GID=100) in /etc/group file.
> I am not sure if this gets wiped clean by remastersys, in the
> log it looked like it did.
>   "# adduser user users"
>

> @Alex: note the new deegree pw fix in the install script
> maybe that solves some other problems.
>

> could someone make sure that
>  /usr/share/livedvd-docs/package_manifest.txt
> makes it into the build.log.tgz?  (or at least could send me
> a copy of it from betaX?
>
> thanks
>

> Hamish

I just booted up beta3a iso which I posted using remastersys.
user at user: groups user
user adm dialout cdrom plugdev users lpadmin admin sambashare

I do noticed that it called the system @user instead of @arramagong, not
sure where that setting is.
Does that work?

package_manifest, should we add a line when that gets generated to put
it in the /var/log/arramagong/ folder with the other logs so it doesn't
get forgotten. I'll make sure I put it in for Beta4 by hand(It's
building right now).

Alex