[Live-demo] Re: ISO go/no go

Judit Mays mays at lat-lon.de
Tue Sep 29 06:30:03 EDT 2009

Hello Jody, hi list,

Jody Garnett schrieb:
> Trying on a more normal computer (thinkpad is the definition of
> normal) and having a lot more success.
>
> Font problem is gone form the login screen; and from QGIS.
>
> Discovered if that I turn networking off (right click on the network
> icon and uncheck "Enable Networking") then all the web based
> applications work fine (and do not suffer from firefox going offline).
>
> Starting with the one app that looked to not work even with the
> firefox offline problem...
>
> Deegree:
> - Running start deegree resulting in "Firefox is already running, but
> is not responding. To open a new window, you must first close your
> existing Firefox process, or restart your system."

Yes, this is something I also noticed and mailed to this list yesterday,
without any response so far.

This is not only the case when starting deegree, but will also happen if
 firefox is up and running and then you try start the "Help" pages  with
the overview for all the different software packages. (I think that is
what the button is labeled, but not sure as I can't swap to and fro with
the ISO, as was possible with the VM image).
It might also occur for other firefox-using products, but I didn't try
the others.

I have no idea on what could be done about it. I can only tell, where I
open deegree's firefox. It is in the deegree_start.sh script which will
be downloaded during deegree installation.

Kind regards,
Judit