[Live-demo] Re: ISO go/no go

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Tue Sep 29 06:48:03 EDT 2009

> deegree:
> - Running start deegree resulting in "Firefox is already running, but
> is not responding. To open a new window, you must first close your
> existing Firefox process, or restart your system."

Okay - as long as the deegree script was able to open the window it was fine.
- WMS Capabilities metadata - the Energry resources and Zip Codes
layers defaulted to the extents of the entire world so I was unable to
zoom to layer to see them.
- WFS Capabilities - only the "Springin Utah" layer has a tilte - the
rest show up unlabeled (example app:CountryBoundaries does not have a
title).

None of these are show stoppers - just something for those projects to
work through.

I noticed that any of the scripts that open a web page are unhappy if
I have firefox open already (the start geoserver script suffered from
the same problem).

So I am unsure what to do here ...
- on a normal computer everything works fine - especially if I disable
network access (could network access be off by default?)
- on a mac running the live dvd Quantum GIS was not usable; and it was
very hard to do anything since I could not right click.
- This may just be an error on on the other side of the keyboard (ie
myself) - I repeatedly suffered from not knowing where to find the
data directories.

Aisde ... testing QGIS on thinkpad
- so nice to have file open dialogs that I could use
- great presentation, no problems to report

Kosmo
- had a much better rematch; still unable to use "enter" to navigate
through file open dialog
- figured out how to get it to draw - new layers are not enabled by default

Thanks for  the fascinating tour .... sounds like we need a second
opinion on running this on a mac?

Jody