[Live-demo] ISO go/no go

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Tue Sep 29 15:48:28 EDT 2009

On Tue, Sep 29, 2009 at 12:42:41PM -0700, Alex Mandel wrote:
> Well I meant in addition to the Geoserver one. Chris we're open to a
> bash script from OL for install and setup of examples to be inlcuded in
> the next version of the Live project (2.x>)

I have no plans to contribute this, but if you're interested, I highly
recommend working with the OpenLayers developer community to request
such a thing. There are many people in that community who would
be likely to assist you.

> Datasources for examples might need to be coordinated with Mapserver, or
> the inlude of tilecache and featureserver might be good. Isn't tilecache
> in the Ubunutugis repos now?

TileCache is, but I see no reason that TileCache or FeatureServer should
be added to the Live disk. TileCache is designed for production use --
I'm assuming (Though maybe I'm wrong) that the Live disk is not designed
to be the base of a production server environment.  There's very little that
FeatureServer does that you can't do easier and better via GeoServer at this
point.

Regards,
--
Christopher Schmidt