[Live-demo] Re: draft start up instructions / final start up instructions

Judit Mays mays at lat-lon.de
Wed Sep 30 02:55:05 EDT 2009

Hamish schrieb:
> Jody:
>> Here are the final (much shorter) instructions....
>>
>> 1. Place DVD in drive and reboot
>> 2. Press Enter to start up
>> 3. At splash screen press Enter to login
>
> that works? I either waited for the countdown or used
> username -> user
> password -> user
>
> which worked for me.
>
> shrug. if <enter> works, great, less words.
>

> probably too late now, but..
> - maybe replace "splash screen" with "login screen", as confusing
> with first text base one.
> - maybe add step before 3. saying set language using button
> at top of login screen.

I have read about this login screen and being able to set a language
there, but on my computer this login screen never showed up. Or rather:
I saw a scrambled page that was replaced with the desktop if I waited
long enough. But definitely no chance to actively login or change languages.

Was this an issue with 2.0.0 and solved later? I still havn't got round
to burning the 2.0.1 ISO, sorry.

Kind regards,
Judit