[Live-demo] Re: draft start up instructions / final start up instructions

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 30 12:45:03 EDT 2009

Hamish:

Judit wrote:
> I have read about this login screen and being able to set a
> language there, but on my computer this login screen never
> showed up. Or rather:
> I saw a scrambled page that was replaced with the desktop
> if I waited long enough. But definitely no chance to actively
> login or change languages.

try to get back to it by logout, but "logout" rather than
shutdown.

for some reason the scrambled page is probably the one. I think
the new X.org auto-resolution setting thing in this Xubuntu
release can probably use some work. :) hopefully better with
Ub version 9.10.

> Was this an issue with 2.0.0 and solved later? I still
> havn't got round to burning the 2.0.1 ISO, sorry.

I don't think it has been touched.

Hamish