[Live-demo] 4.0rc7 Trimming for Space

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Thu Aug 12 01:42:37 EDT 2010

> fwiw no responses to the request to provide JRE-less versions of installers,

As for windows - it is not worth providing a JRE-less installer. -The
setup steps required to configure
JRE with GDAL are too involved. Just kind of a fact of life for making
Java play nice with others.
Removing the image format support negates a core competency.

> and udig for Mac was actually at the latest version AFAICT.

Not to worry; I do not see a mac installer for uDig 1.2.0 on the website yet.

> so between in-VM reductions, fewer 3rd party installers,
> and removing .svn/ cruft, I think we'll be able to make
> this boat float again (if just).

Nice work,
Jody