[Live-demo] 4.0rc7 Trimming for Space

Johan Van de Wauw johan.vandewauw at gmail.com
Thu Aug 12 04:02:04 EDT 2010

Even if we don't do the fully automated fslint thing, I guess the
program still poitns to a few unnecessary double files:
libgdal.so and libNCSEcw.so have copies instead of symlinks as their
versioned versions, wasting 27Mb.

GeoNetwork opensource Manual is provided twice (4 Mb)
Geopublisher tutorial has two copies of africa_poi.dbf and other files

Anyway, Looking back to it I think we have seen many changes last week
which were much more disruptive than hardlinking identical files -
it's a pity we didn't push that one for rc6.

Packages which might go:
apt-get autoremove: some 10 Mb
hplip/hplip-data (needed for printing on hp printers) 40Mb
bzr 15 Mb
we can consider removing gcc-4.4 : 40Mb
removing gcj-4.4: another 40 mb (will also remove pdftk - not sure if
any app is using that)