[Live-demo] Localized LiveDVD

Daniel Kastl daniel.kastl at georepublic.de
Sun Aug 29 13:12:48 EDT 2010

> I agree with many of the goals. It's long been on my list to get the
> language switcher like the normal ubuntu disk has right at boot.
>
> You can easily switch the default language and keyboard setting by hand
> right before building the iso.
>
> Now that we have rst based docs
> +1 on translating the docs (the how to change language/keyboard would be
> the best one to start with)
> +1 on translating menus if they need it (note the ubuntu menus already
> are translated for the most part)
> - Encouraging the translation of OSGeo apps to the same list of
> languages (list might need some adjustment) we've included.
> +1 translating cover
>
> Sorry I won't be there in Barcelona but don't let that stop you from
> talking about it.
>
> Thanks,
> Alex

  <http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Live_GIS_Disc>
Hi Alex,

I agree. The main work would be translating.
Unfortunately Sphinx doesn't support multilingual documents. I looked for
this a few weeks ago already.
So probably at first we need to agree on some guideline and naming
convention for localized documentation, and we could think about how to
inform translators about changes and updates of the original files. The
latter is a common problem of translated documents.

Daniel

--
Georepublic UG & Georepublic Japan
eMail: daniel.kastl at georepublic.de