[Live-demo] Enhancement for Version number in Online Documentation

Frank Gasdorf fgdrf at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Jul 7 14:37:51 EDT 2011

2011/7/7 Alex Mandel <tech_dev at wildintellect.com>

> Frank,
>
> No there is not a deployment script which uploads the ISOs, it's much
> more complicated than you think since that url is actually redirected to
> a tool that then sorts people's downloads amongst the 5 mirrors.
>
> The url as defined by the last release will be correct for the next
> release.
> Where:
>
> http://download.osgeo.org/livedvd/release/[version]/osgeo-live-[version].iso
>

> http://download.osgeo.org/livedvd/release/[version]/osgeo-live-mini-[version].iso
>

> http://download.osgeo.org/livedvd/release/[version]/osgeo-live-vm-[version].7z
>
> End up as:
> http://download.osgeo.org/livedvd/release/5.0/osgeo-live-5.0.iso
>
> I'll just have to remember to stick to that naming convention when I'm
> making new versions

Correct me, when I'm wrong, I understood, that there is an naming convention
and if we use a pattern like the version replacement, we could change the
download.rst files in the way you summarized. So we don't have to care about
it in the future except the naming convention or uploading area will change.

Give me a go and I can update the download.rst files ...

Cheers,
Frank