[Live-demo] App Dependencies [was Nightly doc builds back online; further action on doc licenses needed]

Bob Basques Bob.Basques at ci.stpaul.mn.us
Thu Jul 28 14:15:54 EDT 2011

Alex,

I've been updated on things, sound like we're updating our demos to
work for DVD and our Website, so no particular problems there.

These were just thoughts I had while working through the stuff, not
trying discourage anything.

We looked at the DEB path early on, but decided to go the INSTALL
script this time around to get the lay of things.  To tell the truth I
think this was a wise decision.  Making the DEBs in the future is going
to be much more straight forward because of it.

Some stuff needs to be split up in order to make the DEBs install
perform correctly.  We have our eye on this as the future method for
installing.

bobb

>>> Alex Mandel <tech_dev at wildintellect.com> wrote:

Bob,

That's why we have the feature freeze deadline, It's the date and
which
application versions are supposed to be set so we have time to deal
with
things that may relate. We could add a field to the ongoing
spreadsheet
where we track what versions are on the disc(yes ideally in the future
this would be some type of CMS website). This is yet another reason
why
we are encouraging everyone to creating deb packages for their project
too - automatic dependency handling.

Thanks,
Alex

On 07/28/2011 07:25 AM, Bob Basques wrote:

> Steve,
>
> Not that I know of.  It's not a big problem from here, just need to
> figure out how to version things so everyone know what's on the DVD
(and
> that it may be different for a while from GeoMoose website. maybe
better
> to just not say anything right away, and remember the MapFile
> difference.
>
> I did mention the dependency matrix a few weeks back, doesn't seem
like
> there's been much time to put that kind of thing together this close
> letting the DVD out though.
>
> I also mentioned using some sort of WEB FORM for registering an
> application for the DVD, This would be a good spot to add dependency
> info, and then the Matrix could be a generated report instead.
>
> bobb

> Sorry Bob, an unintended consequence… Is there a dependency matrix
> available?
> Steve

 license line on their behalf!, so