[Live-demo] 5.0alpha2 build logs

Howard Butler hobu.inc at gmail.com
Mon Jun 27 14:12:08 EDT 2011

On Jun 27, 2011, at 12:54 PM, maplabs at light42.com wrote:

> Hi -
>

>   two thoughts:
>

> * GDAL users certainly outnumber OTB users, both humans and applications, so a custom patch to GDAL .deb to support OTB does not sound good
>

> * However, I a suspicious that the GDAL .deb has so much trouble with external TIFF.. maybe there is a flaw in the way they are packaging GDAL..

This is also a problem for libLAS (Is this actually *due* to OTB using libLAS?).  GDAL hasn't come up with a good solution to the problem yet either.  Francesco has been complaining about the libgeotiff/libtiff linkage issues for years as well, but there hasn't been a satisfactory patch to cure the issue.  It's GDAL's fault, not its packaging.

Howard