[Live-demo] Clarifying the docs English (after 6.0 release)

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Sun Aug 19 13:06:46 PDT 2012

On 19/08/12 22:45, Zhengfan Lin wrote:
> What I really suggest those who write the (English) overviews and
> quick_starts to do is to make sure what they write are good for newbies.

Zhengfan,
This is very good advice. I have reviewed all Project Overviews, and one
of the main things I have tried to do is ensure that a non-expert can
understand the Overview, and yet still contain enough information for an
expert. I have not reviewed all the Quickstarts.

As translators are looking closely at each English document, it will be
great if you could identify areas where the English documentation can be
improved. Please raise an issue [1] such that the author, and/or myself
can review and improve the English original.

[1] http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Live_GIS_Disc#Issue_Tracker