[Live-demo] presentation update

Stephan Meißl stephan at meissl.name
Mon Aug 27 03:32:15 PDT 2012

On Sun, 2012-08-26 at 17:32 +1000, Cameron Shorter wrote:
> On 24/08/12 23:40, Barry Rowlingson wrote:
> > I'm just going through the presentation and comparing with the
> > software listed here: http://live.osgeo.org/en/overview/overview.html
> >
> > I've updated a few screenshots to use the ones in the online docs.
> Ok, thanks.
> >
> > I think EOxServer and GEOS are the only things mentioned in the online
> > docs that aren't in the presentation, so I'll add them. I don't think
> > anything has been taken away.
> GEOS should be added to the presentation.
> EOxServer should not be added. Actually, EOxServer should not be linked
> into the OSGeo-Live docs, but it seems it has slipped in without review.
> This concerns me as if the quality of one of our applications is found
> to be lacking due to less review and quality control, then the
> reputation of other applications will tarnished though association. Note
> that EXoServer docs haven't gone through review yet.

Cameron, you're absolutely right, it shouldn't be linked and I remember
Angelos removing the original link based on the decision below. I don't
know what happened that it is still linked. Anyway, we tried to
thoroughly test and review our contributions and hope that there will be
no impact on the reputation of OSGeo-Live in general or any included
application.

Btw. congratulations to the whole team for the great new release!

Best regards,
Stephan