[Live-demo] Re: can we update adhoc doc generation every hour?

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Thu Jan 19 05:49:27 EST 2012

Paul,
As already mentioned by Alex and Hamish, we will certainly include the
MapWindow Project Overview and Quickstart, and I'm going to argue very
strongly that these docs should be accessible from our main contents
page, which you can now see here:
http://adhoc.osgeo.osuosl.org/livedvd/docs/en/overview/overview.html
(Note MapWindow is currently listed under Desktop clients, although I'm
open to putting somewhere else on the page).

I'm very hopeful that we will find sufficient space to include all of
MapWindow's 51.6 MB installer, as I feel that we should only be
including documentation for applications that are actually included on
OSGeo-Live, and that have been tested by the community. If we just
become a freshmeat type of website, listing all geospatial applications
which register with us, then we will loose our mark of quality.

Paul,
Lets wait until Alex or Angelos creates a full build and works out how
much space we have before you make decisions about reducing installer
size. We should know this within a couple of weeks.