[Live-demo] [udig-devel] uDig in OSGeoLive 6.0 without JAI

Frank Gasdorf fgdrf at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Jul 26 14:10:14 PDT 2012

Sorry for cross-posting

Just an short update for everybody who got involved:

1. uDig quickstart on OSGeo Live-Demo completed successfully :D
2. uDig runs with the open-jdk-7 installation with copied JAI/ImageIO
jars and!!! native libs (THX to Angelos again who completed the
udig_install script)
3. geomajas fixed an issue and removed jai libs from war file

Thank you so much for your collaboration on the issue #922

I'm looking forward to get feedback from other testers who can confirm
that uDig and all the other Java projects are fine with this solution.

What do you think about a new ticket to keep in mind that we should
remove this copy task in next release cycle?

Cheers,
Frank