[Live-demo] 6.0 beta6 Status
gcpp.kalxas at gmail.com
Sat Jul 28 18:09:06 PDT 2012
On 07/28/2012 05:40 PM, Angelos Tzotsos wrote:
> This beta6 replaces beta5 after some package manager failure:
> All application were tested in VM and we have 2 issues:
> https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/ticket/949 - ossim needs
> libopenthreads.so.13 and version 14 is upstream
> https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/ticket/968 - pink tiles in Geomoose demo
> Please test and commit fixes. RC1 build in 36 hours as agreed.
Besides the good news that beta6 is pretty stable, I got to build the
and I must say this is a huge improvement from previous alternate builds:
* All applications are installed
* We have a look and feel similar to any ubuntu spin off
* Welcome screen issue is fixed
* Most files from /home/user are now available to the home folder of
the live user.
* Installation issues are expected to be fixed, since we use the
default ubuntu installation method.
Issues to consider:
* Some java applications (Geoserver, Geonetwork, Deegree, Geomajas) do
not have launchers available in the menu "Geospatial", although they can
be initialized through their startup scripts.
* Some applications need su to run (we must have a deep look at
* There is a failure to load data into postgis and mysql due to user
* Data symlink does not appear in home folder.
* Live user is "xubuntu" instead of "user"
I would suggest to try it, you will like where this goes... :)
Remote Sensing Laboratory
National Technical University of Athens
More information about the Live-demo