[Live-demo] 6.0 beta6 Status

Angelos Tzotsos gcpp.kalxas at gmail.com
Sun Jul 29 03:59:08 PDT 2012

On 07/29/2012 06:48 AM, Hamish wrote:
> Angelos wrote:
>>   * Data symlink does not appear in home folder.
> already fixed, my second pass adding things to /etc/skel was
> after the build time. there will certainly be a lot more left
> to do.
Thanks for the fix.

> some not-quite up to the level of calling them bugs yet notes
> after reviewing the build log for 6.0 beta 6. on the whole
> things looked to be in good shape.

Yes it looks good. We must test the iso more to see how well it installs
the system.

> deegree.sh
> Fixing Tomcat default ports (8080 -> 8033, 8005 -> 8006, 8443 -> 8444) in server.xml
> --->is it done?

Yes this one is done and working

> OpenJUMP:
> caution: excluded filename not matched:  */.*
> --2012-07-28 01:30:20--  http://sourceforge.net/projects/jump-pilot/files/OpenJUMP/osgeo/ojtutorial_general_foroj15.pdf
> --->?
Not a clue

> sahana:
> WARNING: S3Msg unresolved dependency: tweepy required for non-Tropo Twitter support
> WARNING: Survey unresolved dependency: PyRTF required if you want to export assessment templates as a Word document
> WARNING: Unable to find table event_incident_type import job skipped
> --->no worries?

We need to go through the whole quickstart to be 100% sure

> load_main_docs.sh:
> sphinx:
> copying static files... WARNING: html_static_path entry '/usr/local/share/gisvm/doc/_static' does not exist
> --->does this warning matter?
I have not seen anything strange in documentation so far.

> install_desktop.sh:
> cp: cannot stat `/usr/share/applications/MySQLAdministrator.desktop': No such file or directory
> --->no longer exists? do we ship a GUI mysql admin tool?
I recall that this was dropped at some point due to packaging issues. I
think we talked about this several months ago...

> thanks,
> Hamish

Cheers,
Angelos