[Live-demo] create pdf documentation

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Sun Sep 23 12:46:12 PDT 2012

On 19/09/12 22:44, Luca Delucchi wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> I tried to compile pdf file of OSGeo-Live documentation but I obtain
> an error because gif images are not recognized, there are some
> different resolution but I'd like to convert gif images in png format.
> What do you think?
>
> I'd like to insert latexpdf command for "make", can I do this?

Hi Luca,
Sorry for the delayed response, this email seemed to have been lost in
my inbox.

I'm fine with converting all gif images to png. Please go ahead and do
so if you wish. Note that you will need to update all references to the
image, including translations.

And you are also welcome to create a latexpdf command to "make"
(assuming that you don't effect "make html". I think this will be a
valuable contribution to OSGeo-Live. Thank you for the offer to do so.
I'll be interested to see how the PDF documentation comes out. When I
tried it a few years back the page layout was not very good, with quite
a bit of white space on each page. It will be interesting to see how it
goes now.